Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Break…Disney style


I took my princess, Kelsey, to Disney for her first college Spring Break.  We planned to DO IT ALL and did a good job of it.  Four parks in three days.  We had a blast and of course I had to do a post on our amazing and fun-filled trip because this Mama works hard for her money and likes to spend it on my girl !!!

disney 002

Our first stop was our resort…the Caribbean Beach Resort.  As we passed under the Disney Welcome sign that goes over the road we both looked at each other and screamed…WE ARE HERE!!  We were so excited.  Then we noticed the buzzards…everywhere…buzzards circling overhead…did you hear that I said BUZZARDS!  Then we passed some sort of buildings, looked like some kind of industrial park or some kind of plant, and the buzzards were all over it. Flying over, sitting on, lurking around, hovering and just plain hanging out.  At first I was afraid everyone at Disney were dead…it had finally happened…people got Disney-ed out!!!! I was glad to see that was not the fact.  Pug told me later that it was a sewage plant.  I assume I have passed it many times before but in all my trips to Disney THAT is NOT a memory I remember.


disney 007

Our room was great but we really did not see it much. It definitely had an island feel and was decorated with Finding Nemo characters.  I personally loved the pineapples carved on the bed posts and the large pineapple that was etched on the head board...reminds me of  my daughter-in-lae, Annie :)   We jumped on a bus and headed to Magic Kingdom. 

disney 003                disney 005

We are an ice-cream family and ice-cream is what we do to celebrate pretty much EVERYTHING. Kels got really good at taking our pictures…no need to bother strangers on their vacations.  We got to ride all the best rides…lines were not too bad…we did not mind waiting…we considered it “our quality time” together.  I was in the best company EVER.  We had a great day and decided to head over to Epcot.  We ate in Italy…really great pizza and gelato but it took a while and the park was closing at 9:00.  We were not ready to go back to the room so we decided to go back to Magic Kingdom…just to get an apple.   My Kels loves caramel and chocolate dipped apples.  We also decided to ride the monorail to the park.  My Kels loves the monorail.  And when we got back to the park, just to get an apple, and to ride the monorail…the Electric light parade was happening!  My Kels loves a parade…especially with lights.  I would say we hit a home run with that apple decision.

disney 010                disney 009

My girl enjoying the parade.  I remember that same look on her face years ago when she was little.
 
disney 011                disney 052

The apple that got us the home run :)   and you gotta love the monorail.

disney 012

Poor Mickey.  We got back to the room and had a pig party… the apple and some blue cotton candy!!!! Yum!


disney 023                            disney 055

The next day we hit Animal Kingdom early.  We did the Everest/Yeti roller coaster first.  It is our favorite ride.  I had to buy the picture.  I am not sure if it was because of mine and Kels’ faces…which were kindly priceless…or for the fact that the people in front of us evidently were not on the same ride as us…he looks like he is yawning and she must be on some serious meds.  The ride was fun but we got sprayed with a fine mist at the end both times…not sure if the Yeti tinkled on us or spit on us…I guess we will never know…..

disney 014                        disney 015
                                       disney 016

The Dinosaur coaster that spins is always a must.  We laughed so hard I thought I would bust a gut.


                                               disney 013

I really wanted Kels to get her picture with this guy!!  She refused so I got one of him from the side.  It is a family joke and it makes me laugh so hard and…..SQUIRREL!!!!!!



disney 019                    disney 018

The Festival of the Lion King was really really good!!!!  The singers and dancers were awesome!!  The monkeys were my favorite!

                                      disney 021

AKUNA   MATATA!!!   means no worries for the rest of your days!!!!!! :)  Yes, I sang it LOUD!!!

disney 017

My sweet Kelsey…she always waited patiently for me to go potty…she has a bladder of steal…got it from her Daddy.  At least she finally stopped saying “AGAIN” every time I would tell her I needed to “rest”.  She takes good care of her old Mama.  There were many times the bus driver would announce “please take small children by the hand” and Kels would grab ahold of mine and smile.  And if we had a dollar for each time one of us looked at the other and said"I am so glad we are here!!!", I think our trip would have been paid for.

After Animal Kingdom we went to Hollywood Studios…mainly to ride the RockNRoll roller coaster.  We did and it was awesome!!!!  Definitely worth the wait!!!


disney 024                   disney 026

We could not pass up the Beauty and the Beast show.  It was great…and our Annabelle’s favorite princess, so we would never miss a chance to say hello to Belle.  We decided to go ahead and eat there before heading to Epcot.  We looked at a few restaurants but they were all full and lines were really long.  We finally decided on the Sci-Fi Star-lite Drive-In.  We had no clue that it was a real drive-in.  We were pleasantly surprised.

disney 034                   disney 027

We were glad we picked it because it was so different and we wanted to “do it all” !!

disney 028                   disney 032

We had some great chips and dip, a steak and of course a chocolate milk shake for dessert.

disney 033                   disney 029

It was a really fun experience and we would highly recommend it.




disney 035                     disney 038

Well I brought my own princess and we found her a castle…so I went in here to get her a prince.  But before I could pick one out they hollered at me and rushed me out!!!  How rude…I thought this place was supposed to be magical????  Luckily I had a dream the night before (yes, me and Martin Luther King) and I actually met Kels’ prince charming…his name was Will…actually it was God’s Will…get it…haha :)…anyway…..



disney 036                        disney 037

It is not a trip to Disney without seeing Mickey and the princesses.  We “did it all”!




                                       disney 040
disney 041                         disney 039

We wanted to “do it all”  but not “buy it all”…so we may not have purchased ears…but we got pictures wearing them!!!!


disney 042

Mickey’s Phillharmonic in 3-D…yeah, we make this look good!

disney 044

We saw Captain Jack Sparrow!!!! This show was really cute until he started into the crowd and getting all up in everyone’s face doing that mouth breathing thing…Kels grabbed me and says “TIME TO GO”.

disney 045                             disney 043

Look who we ran into…more spring breakers who are also some really awesome life-long friends.  This is really an amazing group of girls. :)


disney 049                               disney 047

I got to see REAL princesses at Disney.  These girls hold a special place in Kels’ heart…mine too!!!




disney 046                disney 050

My princess…my girl…my heart... my world.  We had so much fun and I am so glad she still likes to hang out with me.  I do love many others and I love many others really BIG…but I love no other as well or as big as I love her!!!


disney 031                       disney 006

You know how back in the day you would go to these parks and the lines would be so very long, the prices of food and prizes was so expensive, kids were worn out and tired and acting like brats, parents were grumpy and hollering at their kids, there were scooters everywhere, large groups of people that would just stop in the middle of the walkway to discuss what they were going to do next all the while stopping the already slow flow of traffic, and of course there was the fact that not many people spoke English, well ......................IT IS STILL EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I DID have the pleasure of seeing some of this magic they talk about…as we were waiting to see the “Dreams Come True” Mickey show I saw two kids who had to be siblings because they had the same flaming red hair.  They were close in age and the brother was so excited he reached out and hugged and kissed his sister on the cheek. He could not contain himself.  I saw elderly people who have already paid their “rush around” dues and were just walking hand in hand enjoying themselves and ignoring the hustle and bustle that completely surrounded them.  I also some couples “scootering” along doing the same thing.  I saw kids that were experiencing Disney for the very first time.  I saw many special needs children who had the greatest parents EVER who were being so patient with them and giving them the best day EVER.  It warmed my heart and reminded of why we were there in the first place.

Disney…the magical place…we saw a giant singing and dancing mouse, ate dinner in Italy, had lunch in the middle of a rain forest, rode a coaster up Mount Everest (a little spray never hurt anyone), tested a race car, flew in a space craft to mars, had steak in a car in a drive-in theater, sailed with the pirates, frolicked with the ghosts, sang Disney songs OUT LOUD, oohed and aahed at the princesses, rode with a mermaid, flew with Peter Pan, ate ice cream twice in one day, bought overly expensive t-shirts, walked until our feet hurt, sustained roller coaster hangovers for 3 days, ate too much, laughed and screamed just the right amount and to top all that off we sat in our hotel beds and read our bible each night at the same time.  Yeah, it was magical and we made some amazing memories…time and money well spent.  There are some things you cannot put a price on…this trip was one of those things. :).......and I got to ride home with my very own princess.  :))

 
Disney princesses ain't got nothing on my princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment